Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 Year Factory Trained Current GM Technician
12642649

what does obd2 code u1000 indicate. My car turns over but will not start I attached my sca

what does obd2 code u1000 indicate. My car turns over but will not start I attached my scanner and it showed this code. I put a new battary in the car because the old one was shot but it still won't start
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
That normally means there is a communication issue with another module. I see a lot on these cars with this symptom that the BCM ( Body Control Module ) goes bad and the car wont start and will set a U1000 codes in the other modules.
To check this to make for sure, you would need to check to see if you can communicate with the BCM with a scan tool. Not all scan tools can read BCM codes. Some times water will leak on the BCM from the windshield or the blower box on the BCM and short out the BCM. The BCM is right by the blower motor.
Of course check to see if you have fuel pressure and spark to make sure another thing isn't causing the issue.
Sometimes if the BCm is bad, The remote trunk ajar wont work or the interiors lights wont work or the door locks wont work.