Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

2001 Impala: waterpump..the water pump..power steering pump..pulley

I need an waterpump for my 2001 Impala 3.8 engine. I started to remove the water pump but now it appears I have to remove the power steering pump because the pulley is in the way of the one bolt to remove the waterpump. Anyway to remove the waterpump without removing the power steering unit.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is DriveFast71(Ron) and I will do my best to answer all of your questions completely and accurately.

Unfortunaetly, no. The power steering pump will need to "repositioned" a few inches out of the way. You do not need to remove it completely, simply removing the mounting bolts will allow you to move it aside the little bit you need to gain access to the water pump bolt.

graphic