Chevy expert
Chevy expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience ase cetified tech shop owner
22989858

2003 chevy corvette: the location of the EBCM Module and valve

I need to know the location of the EBCM Module and valve. I also need to know how to remove the items. This is for a 2003 chev corvette.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chevy expert replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to just answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. This is located in the left front of the engine compartment,,,,
Service and Repair

Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) Replacement

Removal Procedure

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
  2. Disconnect the El3CM harness connector.

1. Remove the two insulator nuts (1).
  2. Lift the EBCM/BPMV out of the bracket high enough to allow clearance to remove the insulator mounting bolt and the EBCM.

1. Remove the insulator mounting bolt from the EBCM.
  2. Remove the four E13CM to BPMV bolts.
  3. Separate the EBCM from the BPMV by gently pulling apart until separated.
  4. Carefully remove the seal. The seal may by reused if it is not cut or damaged.

Installation Procedure

1. Clean the BPMV seal surface with alcohol using a clean rag.
  2. Install the seal to the BPMV if it is not cut or damaged.

Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.

1. Install the EBCM to the BPMV.
  2. Tighten the four mounting bolts in the following sequence:
    • First pass to 3 Nm (27 inch lbs.).
    • Second pass to 6 Nm (53 inch lbs.).

Important: If the insulator nut was removed it must be replaced with a new insulator nut.

1. Install the front EBCM insulator mounting bolt. Tighten the bolt to 14 Nm (10 ft. lbs.).
  2. Install the EBCM/BPMV into the bracket.

1. Install the two insulator nuts (1). Tighten the two insulator nuts to 10 Nm (89 inch lbs.).
  2. Connect the EBCM harness connector. Important: Both sides of the EBCM harness connector must be engaged with lever before closing.
  3. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position; do NOT start the engine.
  4. Perform the Diagnostic System Check - ABS.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I 'm talking about the GM Part 10343433 module and GM part # XXXXX valve. The drawing do not look like the photos I have of the valve and module. They control the ABS system and Traction Control unit of the Corvette.

yes on your particular car that is the ABS control valve and module can you send me a picture of what you have please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This a scan of the valve and module I have from on line. Also what is the diagnostic system check -graphic ABS.
Yes that is the same. Valve without the module attached
Chevy expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 30 yrs experience ase cetified tech shop owner