JHoop, Chevy Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

1992 chevy 1500 5.7 lt. no pulse to injector, no spark

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Hello , my name is JHoop and thank you for choosing Please tell me all of the problem as my answers are based on the information you provide. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have about the same problem.

Any engine codes stored?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't have a scaner for codes .I don;t have pulse on injecters,but with test light I have power .I don't have spark on plug wires.can't tell if fuel pump is coming on or not.
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Grab a paperclip and follow this. Let me know the codes.

CLICK HERE for that info
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is repeedly flashing 12
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
OK. I uploaded the procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by CLICKING HERE. I hope this helps you.

If you need more help, please ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT. If you have an unlimited plan you will not be billed again yet I won't get credit unless ACCEPT is pressed.

Your question is always open and you can get back to me at any time by answering any e-mail related to this question or by simply logging on to your JA account and go to your questions. God Bless

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Also remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the ignition module has been replaced ran for about 9 miles and cut off going down the road.
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Follow that chart I provided. You may have to replace the pick up coil in the distributor or you have a bad ECM
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can the pick up coil make the fuel injectors not work?
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
Yes and you will have no spark too.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
person that owns the truck had trailer lights wired to it, it shorted out, truck wouldnt start, so they replaced the ignition module. It started and ran 9 miles then cut off going down the road. this is all according to the truck owner. where would you start? I am not good with charts
Expert:  JHoop replied 4 years ago.
I'm going to put your question back up and see if anybody else has any info on this. Sorry I couldn't help you further. I'm sure someone will be with you shortly. Please do not reply as it will lock me to your question and no other expert can answer you. Thanks again for choosing justanswer! JHoop