Bill
Bill, Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Master Technician
50714430

CHEVY: TICKING..DASHBOARD..PASSENGER SIDE..MY SONS 2007 CHEVY IMPALA

Customer Question

I HEAR A TICKING/CLICKING NOISE COMING FROM MY2008 CHEVY DASHBOARD PASSENGER SIDE AREA. tHIS HAPPENS WHEN I UNLOCK MY VEHICLE AND CONTINUES FOR SEVERAL MINUTES BEFORE STOPPPING. IT ALSO HAPPENS WITH MY SON'S 2007 CHEVY IMPALA. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY WHAT COULD IT BE??
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Please Accept if you are satisfied.

This is going to be caused by one of the a/c system electric actuators. It you open your glove box and release the retainer so it opens completely, you'll have access back behind that area. It is usually the air inlet/ recirc actuator. It is up and to the right when the glove box is open. It can be others such as the temp which is to the left in the same area. Just follow your ears. When you put your hand on the actuator you will feel it clicking. There are some small screws that hold them on and are a little tight to replace. If it is the air inlet actuator, that is not exactly necessary for cold and warm air, you can simply disconnect the electrical connector to it. The air will still work fine, you just won't be able to change from outside air to cabin air. You could at least do that temporarily if you are not ready to replace the actuator at this time.

Cheers

Bill