Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

the body control module does allot.....part of the anti-theft

this may help

Please ACCEPT my answer by clicking the accept button, so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.please understand,i can not see,hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

2003 Chevy Truck Express 3/4 Ton Van V8-5.3L VIN T
Body Control Module Description and Operation, Components: Body Control Module (BCM)

The Body Control Module (BCM) contains the theft deterrent system logic. The BCM reads the Passlock(TM) data from the Passlock(TM) sensor. If the Passlock(TM) data is correct, the BCM will pass theft. The BCM will then transmit the fuel continue password to the VCM/PCM.

During the tamper mode the vehicle may start. The vehicle will then stall. If the BCM receives the wrong Passlock(TM) data, the VTD will immediately go into the tamper mode. The tamper mode will lock-out the vehicle fuel injectors for 10 minutes. The SECURITY indicator will flash while the VTD is in the tamper mode.

If the Passlock(TM) sensor sends a correct password to the BCM when the ignition is in the ON position, the BCM will send a fuel enable signal to the VCM/PCM. The VCM/PCM will not disable the fuel due to any BCM message for the remainder of the ignition cycle.