Bill
Bill, Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Certified Master Technician

2008 Chevy: horn..wiring diagram..any and all fuses, relays

Looking for a horn wiring diagram for a 2008 Chevy Silverado, 2500 crew cab, 6.0L. Looking for the complete diagram including any and all fuses, relays, and the switch. Thanks!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.com. I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. Please Accept if you are satisfied.

Does the horn work when you use your remote key fob to lock or unlock the door? If so that would isolate it to a horn contact issue as the bcm is grounding the relay when the keyfob button is pressed. The horn relay is in the underhood fuse panel. You can swap it with another relay with the same number on it for test purposes.

Bill

Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

Sorry... the image didn't upload the first time

Bill

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Bill. No, the horn does not work with the key fob. Ok, I have the diagram. Thank you! One last question on this. Is the "B" side of both horns 12V?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry my reply took a while. This web site seams to be freezing and it kicked me off twice while typing.
Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is. Check for voltage at the fuse with a test lamp while an assistant is pressing the horn contact. Also feel for the relay clicking. Again, swap it with another relay in the panel with the same number. I have had both horns fail and I've also had one fail and take out the fuse. I've even had one where "critters" got up under the bussed electrical center/fuse panel and chewed the wiring!

Bill

Bill, Chevy Technician
Experience: GM Certified Master Technician
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, just tried a different relay and it worked! Thanks! What threw me off was the relay was labled PCB and not horn on the cover of the panel. So thank you again! Expensive minor mistake. Lol!

Expert:  Bill replied 2 years ago.

It happens to the best of us. Glad it was an easy fix though. More expensive at $115 an hour at a dealer!

Bill