Hal, Chevy Master Tech
Experience:  ASE and Chevy Master , 31yr Dealership exp,

A duramax does this fuel system have a fuel pump in tank

I have a 2002 chey with a duramax does this fuel system have a fuel pump in tank because the fuel isnt coming up tp furl filter.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Hal replied 5 years ago.

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX Your complete satisfaction is my goal. Please provide as much information about your concern as you can.

No, there is no lift pump in the fuel tank. The fuel pump mounted in the valley of the engine incorporates a lift pump to pull fuel from the tank.

The fuel filter has a primer pump on top of the filter housing to prime the fuel system. There is a small black screw just to the drivers side of the primer pump plunger that has to be cracked to bleed the system.

What exactly happened? Did the engine stall, and now won't restart? Or did the engine just not restart after setting? Has the fuel filter been changed recently?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The engine take along time to start even after it has been running. We replce the filter and check for any leaks in the filter system but I can get fuel to pull up to filter.
Expert:  Hal replied 5 years ago.

Has this engine had injectors replaced yet?? The injectors may be returning to much fuel to the fuel tank, when the engine gets warmed up, ( thinning out the fuel.)

This is a very common problem with this year model truck . GM covered the injectors under a special warranty for 7 years or 200000 miles.

Another thing to look for is fuel in the oil. This would also indicate that a injector may be leaking into the crankcase.