Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

2008 Chevrolet Suburban: 5.3L..Fuel Pump Control Module (FPCM)..MIL

2008 Chevrolet Suburban 5.3L 4X4

codes in the ecm
p069e - Fuel Pump Control Module (FPCM) Requested MIL Illumination
p0191 - Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP) Sensor Performance

both codes have appeared at the same time (last time codes stored was last week, both codes)
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my best to assist you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal. I have been working on these vehicles for over 10 years so I am very familiar with this system and how they work. However, keep in mind, that I need some solid concrete facts/evidence/clues from you in order to give you a good answer about your vehicle. Please realize that all my answers are based solely on the info that you provide me with.

Can I get your VIN?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 years ago.

Which option do you have?

LS 1500 4WD
LT1 1500 4WD
LT2 1500 4WD
LT3 1500 4WD
LTZ 1500 4WD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
LT2 1500 4wd
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 years ago.
It sounds to me like you just have a bad fuel tank pressure sensor. I would check for 5 volts to this FTP sensor and be sure it has a good ground. Also, be sure that the voltage on the fuel tank pressure sensor signal wire is moving or fluctuating like it is supposed to when blowing air into the fuel tank. If you cannot get to this sensor to test this, you can do all of your testing right at the computer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
where is this sensor located?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 years ago.
Right on top of the fuel tank sending unit. You will need to drop the fuel tank at least a few inches in order to get to or replace this sensor. That is why i would recommend to do all of your testing at the computer before you drop the tank. You only want to drop the tank if you need to. This will make it easier on you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we have a snap on verus, we can perform these tests with this?
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 years ago.
YEs.. you should be able to read the fuel tank pressure voltage in the live data with the key on.