Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

How do I unlock the radio on a 99 chevy lumina?

How do I unlock the radio on a '99 chevy lumina?

OK, first of all, don't punch in any more codes, you can lock up the radio permanently donig that.

Press and hold 2 and 3 on the radio for about six seconds, until it gives you a number code. Write those number down, then press AM/FM, and it will give you different number. Write those down, too, then give me all of those numbers, and I'll get you an unlock code.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
762 767
Your code is 1239. Do you know how to enter it correctly?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I don't.
When the displays says LOC, press the HR button. Enter the first two digits with the HR button. Then set the next two digits of the number with the MIN button. When you have the code entered correctly, press AM/FM, and it should say SEC, and the radio will come to life.