Neal, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner and Mechanic on multiple makes.

1994 chevy silverado 1500 automatic trans and 350 V8. Transmission

1994 chevy silverado 1500 automatic trans and 350 V8. Transmission shifts fine for a day or two then it stays in a higher gear and does not shift. The next day it might shift ok.
I have changed fluid and filter - previous fluid and filter did not look burnt or dirty.

What is causing erattic shifting?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

You are looking at a solenoid issue or a computer issue, most likely a solenoid problem as it is common for them to be intermittant. It could be a shift solenoid or a pressure solenoid based on your symptoms. I will take a diagnostic by a transmission shop to narrow it down for sure.

Here are the locations.