Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

2007 Uplander: The cruise control..stop working..cooled down

The cruise control on my 2007 Uplander will stop working and then stat again after the caris stopped and the engine has cooled down.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Is the check engine light on when this occurs?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No. The check engine light does not come on when this occurs.

The engine control computer operates the throttle electronically. It operates the cruise control through the same method. The computer will disble the cruise control if trouble codes are set in the computer. There are some trouble codes that will not cause the check engine light to come on. The place to start with diagnosis is to have the computer scanned for trouble codes. If any codes are found, they will need to be addressed and repaired. If no codes are found then the scan tool will be needed to check the computer for input from the cruise control switch and to see if the computer is commanding operation of the cruise control.