GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.

Theft lock light on not flashing but is on

Customer Question

theft lock light on not flashing but is on
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 2 years ago.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Does it flash when you try to start?

Customer :

no

GM Tech (Cam) :

Does the starter click?

GM Tech (Cam) :

does the engine run at all?

Customer :

turns over

Customer :

cranks

GM Tech (Cam) :

Does it run if you put fuel into the throttle?

Customer :

yes but shuts down after gone

GM Tech (Cam) :

OK, Is there a remote starter intalled?

GM Tech (Cam) :

What is the fuel pressure?

Customer :

no but after market alarm

GM Tech (Cam) :

OK and have you eliminated that as the possible cause?

Customer :

none unless you crank it

Customer :

if you just turn the key on there's none

GM Tech (Cam) :

can you jump the pins of the fuel pump relay? Pins 30 to 87

Customer :

what do u mean jump the pins

GM Tech (Cam) :

Well, pull the relay out use a wire to jumper the place the pins of the relay go into.

Customer :

you mean hook the wires together right

Customer :

then if i do that what do i do

GM Tech (Cam) :

If you jump those pins together, the pump should run.

Customer :

ok there's 4 pins should i use 4 wires our just 2

GM Tech (Cam) :

useing 2 and the ones that correspond to pins 30 and 87 on the bottom of the relay., opposite corners to each other

Customer :

ok let me try it

Customer :

be right back

GM Tech (Cam) :

ok

Customer :

spraying fuel but still does not start

GM Tech (Cam) :

where is it spraying fuel at?

Customer :

were you put the fuel pressure gauge i don't have a gauge i use a screw driver to see if the fuel is coming

Customer :

it wasnt sraying at all until u told me to do that

GM Tech (Cam) :

OK, so the pump was not working before.

Customer :

the theft light is still on to

GM Tech (Cam) :

This means that fuse block,. ECM or wiring is bad .

GM Tech (Cam) :

Theft does nto disable the pump, only the injectors.

Customer :

it was i mean you can hear it kick on it is a bran new pump i got at main auto

Customer :

thats what i am saying how can i get the theft light to go out

Customer :

i tried every thing

Customer :

i tried the 30 minute procedure but nothing i tried the toggle switch but nothing put a new fuel pump in

GM Tech (Cam) :

But the light on solid if it is not running is normal.

GM Tech (Cam) :

when it flashes then we have a theft issue .

Customer :

ok so the theft light can stay on and it dont have any thing to do with the injectors

Customer :

as long as it is solid

GM Tech (Cam) :

No, it does disable the injectors when flashing but on solid it does not. IT will not stop the pump from running.

Customer :

Ok what could cause it not to start then i mean fuel pump is working as a bran new batterie has a new fuse box new fuel pump new ignection switch this car really getting on my last nerve

GM Tech (Cam) :

Was the pump running before?

Customer :

sorry LOL

Customer :

yes

GM Tech (Cam) :

YOu can try to bypass the theft system.

GM Tech (Cam) :

I use THIS DEVICE

Customer :

i tried that already 2 u mean by cutting the yellow wire and put a toggle switch in

GM Tech (Cam) :

NO that does not work!!

GM Tech (Cam) :

YOu need a device to do it, and if that does not then the Body Control Module is faulty.

Customer :

ok what if the Body Control Module is faulty. then what and what type of device

GM Tech (Cam) :

Try the item in the link.

GM Tech (Cam) :

If that does not work then send it back.

GM Tech (Cam) :

and replace the Body Control Module

Customer :

ok

GM Tech (Cam) :

Is there more I can get you today?

Customer :

i will try these thing and hope it works i will get back to you and Thanks my name is Larry

GM Tech (Cam) :

THanks Larry, Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT If my answer was helpful. You can reopen it at any time by replying to it and I will answer ASAP. PLease keep in mind that as experts on this site, we are only compensated for our time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer. Cam.

Customer :

Thank you and i will get back to you and i always accept good anwers

GM Tech (Cam) : Ok, it just does not show any history here for you.
Customer :

ha cam this is Larry i just got home from work could you tell me were the BCM is located

GM Tech (Cam) :

Sorry for the delay this reply did not show.

GM Tech (Cam) :

IT is udner the dash on the right side.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Please reply back if you need additional help or press ACCEPT If my answer was helpful. You can reopen it at any time by replying to it and I will answer ASAP. PLease keep in mind that as experts on this site, we are only compensated for our time spent helping customers once ACCEPT is selected. Thanks again for using Just Answer. Cam.