carhelpguy, ASE Certified Tech.
Experience:  Over 15 years of experience working on GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, and Honda. Diesel and Electrical specialist.

2007 avalanche, abs/brake lights on got codes B0550 and B0201, anyone

2007 avalanche, abs/brake lights on got codes B0550 and B0201, anyone heard of this?
Thank you for your question, I hope I can help.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you with your question.

I was taking a look at your codes and I am assuming you mean C0550 and C0201. If that is the case these codes point to an internal failure in the EBCM. The C0550 is an internal logic fault in the module while the C0201 is an internal fault in the relay that supplies power to the solenoids.

What you will want to do in this case is test the power and ground feeds to the EBCM and if all are within spec the EBCM will have to be replaced and programmed.

I hope this information helps.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok well the code that came up was a B code I had it read at advance auto, but that's probably why I could find it. I got a new ecbm but do I have to have a dealership program it?
Often times the generic scanners may not pull up the body or chassis codes correctly which I see often with scanners that Advance auto or Autozone use. They will read the power train codes correctly.

Unfortunately the module can only be programmed using GM's SPS programming at the dealer.

I have seen some aftermarket shops that have access to the programming site but not many. You may want to call around in your area to see if they have the ability to program the module for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok thank u. Got 1 more for ya I also got p0449. I replaced both solenoid in engine bay and in back also gas cap code still on, hoses look good what else is left. Also cleaned contacts/ plugs
The P0449 code is for the EVAP Vent valve located in the rear of the vehicle, above the spare tire. I have seen 2 different concerns with these. The valve itself goes bad (I have replaced several of these). The other problem I see with these is the connector at the valve itself. Either the wiring at the connector gets corroded or the connector itself gets corroded.

There is a bulletin out as well for correcting a water ingestion problem into the valve. The complete procedure can be found under bulletin 09-06-04-028C which should be a matter of public record.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your time it was very helpful.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'll check the connections cause the valve is new
Not a problem, let me know if there is anything else I can do for you