GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I cannot get the key out of my 06 hhr...trouble code

I cannot get the key out of my 06 hhr. I can turn the ignition to off but cannot turn it any farther. a mechanic picked uip trouble code B1325. I have checked the connectors to the module on the steering column, fuses and connections at the ignition switch. If I manually push the white solenoid rod in, I can turn the ignition and remove the key. What are other things to check to resolve this problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.
These vehicles are known for issues with the microswitch in the shifter failing and causing this exact issue. If you get the trim off, check the switch on the passengers side to seem if the pin has gone under the lever of the switch. If ao then you need to replace the shifter assembly to fix this. 99% of the time it is the shifter assembly or wiring right there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Aue you sure about this. I can't see how the center part of the shifter trim comes out. I took off the side piece loose but can't see in how the center part comes off. Also, the gear shifter still controls the locks. The only function I lost is turning the ignition all the way to off and removing the key.
I am 100% sure about this.