Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Truck Technician,24 Years GM Shop Foreman,Fully Trained GM Trucks Light and Heavy.

I have a chevy c6500 that my electric parking brake motor will

Customer Question

I have a chevy c6500 that my electric parking brake motor will not stop running
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
Hi, there is a relay for this system that may be shorted internally.This relay is located under the hood, behind the black plastic cover on the firewall above the engine.If you take the cover off, the top left relay is the park brake motor relay. Unplug it, and see if the motor stops running. If so, the relay , or command to the relay could be the issue.While disconnected, (and motor stops), connect a test light to ground, and touch the dark green wire, (#86).If it does not light up, replace the relay. If it does light up, the command is triggering the relay, and you could have a short to power, or a bad computer. The computer is on the left kick panel, with the red led display. If you unhook the computer, and the light goes off, replace the computer. If removing the relay does not stop it from running, you have a short in the orange wire between the relay, and the pump motor. This is a good generalized guideline, that should help you find your problem. Good luck...Coop
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It ended up being the solenoid under the pressure release valve.
Expert:  Gary replied 5 years ago.
Glad you found the issue...Coop