Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

I believe my btsi stopped woking however i pulled the fuse and i

Customer Question

i believe my btsi stopped woking however i pulled the fuse and i still cant get the key out is this related to btsi or another problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

When the transmission is out of the PARK position, the park switch opens. This condition de-energizes the park lock solenoid which prevents the ignition cylinder from turning to the locked position. This prevents key removal.

That could be that the ignition BTSI cable is out of adjustment, or the trans position swich could be out of adjustment.

Trans position switch

Adjustment Procedure

• Check the switch for proper operation.
  • The engine must be in the P (Park) or N (Neutral) positions only. If adjustment is required, loosen the switch retaining bolts and rotate the switch slightly.
  • Tighten the bolts and check the switch for proper operation.
  • Repeat the switch adjustment procedure until the engine starts when the shift lever is positioned in park and neutral.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

A/T Shift Lock Control - Assemble
ASSEMBLY PROCEDURE

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

1. Put the shift lever clevis into the neutral position.
  2. Firmly install the BTSI actuator onto the steering column jacket assembly and the cable shift cam assembly.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

1. Adjust the electrical BTSI actuator in the following way:
3.1. Pull out the tab (1) on the adjuster block side (2) of the electrical BTSI actuator.
3.2. Press on the adjuster block (2) to compress the internal adjuster spring which disengages the adjuster teeth. Slide the adjuster block (2) as far away from the solenoid as possible.
3.3. Lock the adjuster block (2) in place by pushing in on the tab (1).
  1. Inspect the electrical BTSI actuator for the following items:
4.1. The electrical BTSI actuator must lock the shift lever clevis when the shift lever clevis is put into the park position. Once the steering column is installed in the vehicle, the gear shift lever must remain in the park position unless the brake pedal is depressed.
4.2. The solenoid will be energized.
4.3. Readjust the electrical BTSI actuator if needed.
  1. Install the upper and lower shrouds.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok cool but steering wheel is locked the shifter just moves without foot on brake...same issue as above or another problem
Yes