Aran, General Motors
Experience:  Chevrolet Technician

2008 Chevy: Kodiak..The horn will not work

Customer Question

I am working on a 2008 Chevy Kodiak C-Series 4500. The horn will not work. It has a new horn. I have checked the fuse and tried another relay. I checked the terminals at the relay with a test light and none of them have power. I cleaned the contacts on the switch. I also jumped the switch to ground and nothing happens. What should I check next?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Aran replied 5 years ago.

Chevtek :

Greetings and welcome to Just Answer, Your complete satisfaction, a positive experience and a resolved issue is my goal for you.
According to the schematic the C4500 is a fuse and not a circuit breaker. Did you verify the fuse has power to it with a test light or how did you check it?
If the relay does not have power on any of the 4 holes then either there is an open from the fuse to the relay or the fuse is blown.
I will include a schematic to reference, keep me posted. Thanks.

Full Size Image