Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

Chevrolet Trailblazer LT How do I remove the interior rear

Customer Question

How do I remove the interior rear trim panel on the hatch of a 2006 Trailblazer?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

Trim Panel Replacement - Liftgate

Trim Panel Replacement - Liftgate

Removal Procedure

1. Remove the upper liftgate garnish molding.
  2. Open the liftgate window.

graphic

1. Remove the push-pin retainer from the upper trim panel.
  2. Close the liftgate window.
  3. Open the liftgate.
  4. Use a flat-bladed tool in order to carefully release the trim panel retainers.
  5. Remove the trim panel from the liftgate.

Installation Procedure

1. Install the trim panel to the liftgate.

graphic

1. Ensure that the trim panel retainers are fully seated.
  2. Close the liftgate.
  3. Open the liftgate window.
  4. Install the push-pin retainer in the upper trim panel.
  5. Close the liftgate window.
  6. Install the upper liftgate garnish molding.

Garnish Molding Replacement - Liftgate
Garnish Molding Replacement - Liftgate

Removal Procedure

graphic

1. Use a flat-bladed tool in order to carefully release the garnish molding retainers.
  2. Remove the garnish molding from the liftgate.
Installation Procedure

graphic

1. Install the garnish molding to the liftgate.
  2. Ensure that the top 4 garnish molding retainers are fully seated first.
  3. Install the 2 garnish molding retainers on each side.

Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience: 29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Someone , who shall remain anonymous, lifted the liftgate under the garage door and dented the latch for the window. As a result, the window will not open. That is why I need to get the trim panel off and push the dent out. Do I have any way to lift the trim panel away without opening the window?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The followup answer does not appear anywhere on the screen. Should I look somewhere else?
Let me see what I might have on that, depending on how bad the dent actually is. BRB

The trim panel will normally come off even with the window closed. They aren't held on by the glass, you just may have to pull it up and away to get it off.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, I got it off with a bit of effort. It appears that the dent, though not very large, was binding the clips at the top. It is now off. Thanks for the help.
Good job, glad to heat that you got it. Your welcome and come again, anytime, thanks