Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

1998 silverado with 168,000 miles...scanner..trouble codes po108

I have a 1998 silverado with 168,000 miles. My problem is the truck will not start. It is getting fire to the plugs and gas but still won't start.Put a scanner on it and got trouble codes PO108, PO122 nd PO452. Checked all parts out and thay are within the parameters required.
Submitted: 5 years ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 5 years ago.

Have you ever replaced the crankshaft sensor?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I have not.
Thanks,

Well, both of these are extremely common to fail when it loses spark, crank sensor and ignition module, but you can't really test the crank sensor easily and the ignition module can only be tested at some parts stores. It's a hard call to make from here but most likely it's going to be one of them.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
But It has not lost spark.
Im real sorry for that, i think i need glasses....

In this case do you have a fuel pressure gauge to hook to the fuel rail to measure pressure. Just because it sprays out the valve doesn't mean it's enough pressure.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I have.It reads 60 psi

Does this have central port injection or multi port injection?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm not sure. This truck is located in another city and the person working on it is not available for me to get that info.

Thanks,

If it has spark and 60 psi in the fuel rail, then i suspect an issue with the injectors not opening and if it has the Vortec, central port, it would indicate a problem with the "spider assembly" under the intake manifold which contains the fuel pressure regulator to the injectors. But if it has multi port(individual injectors on the outside of the intake) then i would suspect they are not being triggered by the ECM (computer) and will need some in depth testing to verify the ecm is at fault. BotXXXXX XXXXXne is it's going to be a fuel injector not opening to let fuel in....