GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
10949255

Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Z71 My left turn signal is blinking

Customer Question

My left turn signal is blinking fast while my rear turn signal stays on and never blinks my relay or flasher is new and both bulbs front and rear are new with the same specs. What is the main problem so both signal lights works?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 3 years ago.

GM Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

GM Tech (Cam) :

You replaced the relay on theback side of the left dash fuse block?

Customer:

Yes

GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience: GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 11 years experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
H e has not answered my question right , He just repeated my question needed to be answered? I s he really an expert or this is a scam?
You accepted before I could get the reply to you. This is not a scam.
I wanty only to confirm that the flasher was the long one on theback of the left dash fuse block. IF so then you need to move on to the connections at the rear of the truck at the junction block for the rear lights. Can you take the connectors off and check for signs of corrosion?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I tried to check the junction block and took the connectors off and no sign of corrosion either?
Do the hazards flash properly? how about the right rear light?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The hazards flash does not work either on the rear light
right rear light, does it flash?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
both lights does not flash only stays never blinks or flash
Do you have a test light?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes definitely
Ok at the rear junction block take the blue connector off and test with the hazards on. Test the yellow andd ark green wires. See if they flash.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm still here in my computer how could I perform what you are suggesting? Why don't you tell me everything step by step to solve the problem if plan A does not work then we have to move to plan B then plan C until we solve the issue properly, Thanks
The plans are often in depth and would take a great deal of time to type. Try checking these wires like I suggested then if they have power, check the yellow and green to each side out of the block. NO power out means a bad block. Power out means wiring or sockets.
No power into the block means wiring up to the block from under the fuse block.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You mean to say I have to rewire the whole thing if it finds faulty wire under the fuse block?
No, repair the damaged wire or replace the bad junction block.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well, it seems like we are getting closer to solve the problem, Is there anyway you could give me a chance to research it then Can I still get in touch with you if nothing happened?I really appreciate it so much if you can extend your flexibility in this regards,Thanks
Bookmark this page so you can easily navigate back to it, and so you know, you can reply at any time for follow up information regarding this issue, even after you accept my answer and I will reply.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Wonderful! I am looking forward to it! Thanks so much!
No problem.