Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a 1995 Chevy Suburban 4l60e transmission. My mechanic

I have a 1995 Chevy Suburban 4l60e transmission. My mechanic found a ball bearing in the transmission pan the other day during a fluid & filter change. The transmission occasionally will rev high when shifting from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th. If you let of the accelerator the rpms go down and the transmission shifts fine. This seems to happen when the truck is hot, seems fine when cool. Not sure if the ball bearing came from the valve body, or I have a electrical issue.

hi

well,if you found an 1/8 ball bearing,it certainly came from the valve body,and may be whats causing the problem,though,i don't see how the check ball got out..i would think the valve body separator plate is worn and may need replaced,,note;you can only use a separator plate from a 95 model on this trans,,the 95 is by itself

thanks

ALL THE BONUS MONEY THAT I RECEIVE DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE WILL BE DONATED TO THE AMERICAN RED CROSS FOR TORNADO RELEIF IN THE MID WEST AND DEEP SOUTH

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you think of any other mechanical issues that maybe causing the transmission to shift irregular, on an intermittent bassis?

well

a missing check ball would cause this....the other thing would be low fluid pressure,maybe a worn pump sense it slips between gears.....remove the valve body and check the plate and make sure the check balls are right

thanks

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does the entire transmission need to be pulled, to check the valve body?

no

you can remove the valve body from under the transmission fluid pan

thanks