Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

02 chev silverado 1500 trans shutter at low speed between 1st

02 chev silverado 1500 trans shutter at low speed between 1st &2nd gear
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Does this occur as the transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd gear? If so, does this happen when shifting into Reverse or when the transmission shifts into fourth gear?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
only happens 1st to 2nd low speed and light acceleration can't feel shutter under normal acceleration or rev or 4th
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
This problem is somewhat common. There is a technical service bulletin published by GM. I have included it for you below.

Transmission 1-2 Shift Shudder, Vibration, Slips, Chuggle (Install Generator Voltage Sense Circuit) #02-07-30-030

2001-2003 Chevrolet Silverado
2001-2003 GMC Sierra
with 4L60-E Automatic Transmission (RPO M30)

Condition
Some customers may comment that the transmission slips, a shudder, chuggle, or vibration is felt when the transmission shifts from first to second gear.

Cause
A 12 Hz electrical feedback from the charging circuit may be affecting the transmission pressure control solenoid, causing a fluctuation of the line pressure within the transmission.

Diagnostic Tip
Road test the vehicle under the following conditions:

Throttle position is less than 15 percent.
Engine coolant and transmission fluid are at full operating temperature.
The outside ambient temperature is warmer than 24°C (75°F).
If the condition is present, disconnect the generator 4 cavity connector (2 wires in the connector) and retest.

If the condition is no longer present, perform the correction listed below.

Correction

Install an external sense lead to the generator assembly. This is accomplished by adding a wire from the generator four wire connector to the generator output BAT terminal.

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery/batteries.
2. Slide the protective boot on the generator BAT terminal aside and remove the retainer and wire cable from the BAT terminal.
3. Unplug the generator 4-cavity terminal from the top of the generator.
4. Inspect cavity D on the generator connector for a red cavity plug.
^ If a red cavity plug is present, it is not necessary to replace the generator connector. Remove the CPA and save. Remove the red cavity plug and continue with step 9.
^ If a red cavity plug is NOT present, continue with the next step.
5. Remove and save the orange weatherpack seal and CPA from the 4-way connector.
6. Using the proper terminal removal tool, remove the two or three wires from the 4-way connector.
^ On vehicles without Supplemental Brake Assist (SBA), install a red cavity plug, P/N 12059168, into cavity "A" of the new 4-way connector, P/N 12186568.
^ On some 2003 model year vehicles with SBA, install the dark blue (Circuit 5668) wire of the vehicle wiring harness into cavity "A" of the new 4-way connector.
7. Install the brown (Circuit 25) wire of the vehicle wiring harness into cavity "B" of the new 4-way connector.
8. Install the gray (Circuit 23) wire of the vehicle wiring harness into cavity "C" of the new 4-way connector.
9. Obtain a piece of 0.80 mm/18GA black wire, 254 mm (8 in) long.
10. Install a red terminal seal, P/N 12048086, and terminal, P/N 12048074, (crimp and solder) on one end of the new black wire.
11. Install the new black wire into cavity "D" of the new 4-way connector.
12. Reinstall the connector seal and CPA, from the original connector, to the new connector.
13. Plug the 4-way connector into the generator.
14. Route the black wire to the generator BAT terminal, sliding the wire into the small end to the output terminal boot along side the generator output wire.
15. Crimp and solder the ring terminal, P/N 12103514, on the open end of the new black wire.
16. Place the generator output wire and the new black wire onto the generator BAT terminal and install the retainer.

Tighten

Tighten to the BAT terminal retainer to 9 N.m (80 lb in).

17. Connect the negative battery cable.

Tighten

Tighten the battery cable retainer to 17 N.m (13 lb ft).

Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know if you need any additional information.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how do i print this out
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Now that you have accepted the answer, you should be able to print it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how do i print your answer
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
.

You should be able to print the answer now that you have accepted it. I will report your problem to the site administrators so they can help you with the printing.

.