Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering

Chevrolet S10 4x2 chevy s10 pickup, key will not turn the

chevy s10 pickup, key will not turn the engine. When I turn the key all the warning lights come up but the starter does not spin, or click ...nothing. Replaced the starter and tried using jumper cables still nothing. I am able to push start it .....any suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

You will want to see if there is power, (12v) at the yellow wire of the clutch start switch when the key is turned. Also if there is power to the purple wire when the clutch is depressed and the key is turned. That could be just a bad clutch start switch. Of course, make sure that the rod is attached to the pedal also.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is not voltage at the yellow wire
Good job!!
That could just be the ignition switch. About half way down the steering column, but check the wires at it, (I have had a lot of them that the connections were bad). You also can check the yellow wire there too, to be sure. Most times though, it will even look burnt. (the switch) #80 in the diagram, thanks