David H
David H, GM master certified
Experience:  Cadillac Technician 18 years cadillac dealer.ase master certified.gm master certified

DTC..all pertain to theElectronic Brake controll Module..appriciated

What is the service procedure for DTC codes CO265 EBCM motor,other codes Co245,co242, co241 co246, and co252 all pertain to theElectronic Brake controll Module . Any help wil be appriciated . Thank you Glenn Lefort
Category: Chevy
Expert:  David H replied 3 years ago.
For the codes you have the EBTCM will need to be replaced.Here is the replacement procedure.Also check the ABS fuse in the underhood fuse block and ground G105 on the front lower passenger side of the engine block.

REMOVAL PROCEDURE.

Important: After installation, calibrate the new EBCM to the tire size that is appropriate to the vehicle. Refer to Tire Size Calibration and to Trim Level Calibration portions of ABS OPERATION .

Caution: Unless directed otherwise, the ignition and start switch must be in the OFF or LOCK position, and all electrical loads must be OFF before servicing any electrical component. Disconnect the negative battery cable to prevent an electrical spark should a tool or equipment come in contact with an exposed electrical terminal. Failure to follow these precautions may result in personal injury and/or damage to the vehicle or its components.

For Vehicles equipped with OnStar® (UE1) with Back Up Battery: The Back Up Battery is a redundant power supply to allow limited OnStar® functionality in the event of a main vehicle battery power disruption to the VCIM (OnStar®module). Do not disconnect the main vehicle battery or remove the OnStar® fuse with the ignition key in any position other than OFF. Retained accessory power (RAP) should be allowed to time out or be disabled (simply opening the driver door should disable RAP) before disconnecting power. Disconnecting power to the OnStar® module in any way while the ignition is On or with RAP activated may cause activation of the OnStar® Back-Up Battery (BUB) system and will discharge and permanently damage the back-up battery. Once the Back-Up Battery is activated it will stay on until it has completely discharged. The BUB is not rechargeable and once activated the BUB must be replaced.
  1. Disconnect the Negative Battery Cable.

2. Object Number: 394907  Size: SH

3. Remove the four T-25 Torx® screws (1) that fasten the EBCM to the BPMV.
  4. Important: Do not use a tool to pry the EBCM or the BPMV. Excessive force will damage the EBCM.

5. Partially remove the EBCM (2) from the BPMV (3) enough to access the electrical connectors. Removal may require a light amount of force.
  6. Disconnect the four electrical connectors from EBCM.
  7. Fully remove the EBCM (2) from the BPMV (3).

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

Important: Do not reuse the old mounting screws. Always install new mounting screws with the new EBCM.

Object Number: 394907  Size: SH

Important: Do not use RTV or any other type of sealant on the EBCM gasket or mating surfaces.

1. Install EBCM (2) on to the BPMV (3).
  2. Connect the four electrical connectors to the EBCM.
  3. Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

4. Install the four new T-25 Torx® screws (1) in the EBCM (2).
  5. Tighten
    Tighten the four T-25 Torx® screws to 5 N·m (39 lb in) in an X-pattern.

6. Connect the negative battery cable.
  7. Revise the tire calibration using the scan tool
David H, GM master certified
Experience: Cadillac Technician 18 years cadillac dealer.ase master certified.gm master certified