Michael Moore
Michael Moore, GM MASTER/WORLD CLASS. ASE MASTER
Experience:  ASE Master/GM WORLD CLASS/GM Master/GM ASEP/Dodge Gold/Mazda cert.

Where is the radio amplifier located on 2004 chevy silverado

where is the radio amplifier located on 2004 chevy silverado
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Michael Moore replied 2 years ago.

The radio amp is located under the center console. You have to remove the center console to replace the amp. You you remove the top cover of the console, you can see the amp but you can not get to it.

Object Number: 854810  Size: SH

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no center console in my silvsrado i have the swing up center console
In the glove box, there is a label that has some codes on it. Look on this label to see if there is a UQ3. UQ5, UQ7 or UK6. This will let me know what radio you have in your truck.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is a uq3 ihave a crew cab

OK, the UQ3 is the base level radio and does not have a factory amp. Here is the wiring diagram for your radio and below that is the one for the UQ7 with amp.

Power, Ground, and Audio Signals

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: FS

RSA Amplifier Inputs - w/UK6

Object Number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Size: FS

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ihave a 30 amp fuse under the hood labeled radio amp
All the information I can find is the 30amp fuse for the audio amp is for a UQ7 radio and the only amp location I can find is under the center console. They may have the fuse in the fuse box but you most likely do not have the amp. Is there a issue with your radio?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ihave no or very little sound comming from the right side speakers ibought adifferent radio and it did not change the problem so i thought it might be the amp
You may have a speaker shorting out or a wiring problem. Pull the 30 amp radio amp fuse and the sound should still be heard from the left speakers and you should still have the same problem from the right side speakers. If you pull the amp fuse and nothing changes, then there is no amp. If the sound cuts out, then there is a amp somewhere.
Experience: ASE Master/GM WORLD CLASS/GM Master/GM ASEP/Dodge Gold/Mazda cert.