Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

3400 V6 stalls intermittently when starting..runs great

3400 V6 stalls intermittently when starting from stop or rounding corner such as a traffic circle, otherwise runs great??????
I would check the fuel pressure regulator. It is located on the fuel rail. It is round, about a quarter size and has a vacuum line going to it. If the regulator is leaking gas than it can cause this problem. Pull off the vacuum line that goes to the regulator. Be absolutely sure there is no gas in the vacuum line. If there is, the diaphram has ruptured and there is gas entering the engine that is not accounted for and the regulator will need to be replaced!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
And this will cause the problem why? Just trying to understand the issue as I have alot of money tied up in this.
If this is the case, fuel will enter the engine that is not accounted for by the computer and will cause a stalling condition.

IF this checks out ok, you could have a bad ignition switch or a fuel delivery concern.. maybe weak fuel pump..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it's the .... that is frustrating as it has never tripped a code.
Does it start right back up when this happens?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ordinarily yes,obviously once it is in park ... in traffic.....with my wife driving......
WHat year is your vehicle?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok.. the common failures on this year vehicle that cause a stalling condition is the crank sensor, ignition module, TPS and mass air flow sensor.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ouch, I may need to just unass this thing and get something else. I hate to though as it is paid for.
I hear ya!

Good luck!

Please let me know if you need any further questions!