JHoop
JHoop, Chevy Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

My truck just died on my while i was going about 65 on the tollway

my truck just died on my while i was going about 65 on the tollway. it was acting a little funny prior to it just quitting on me. at a red light it would act like i have no fuel and almost completely cut off and then turn back on. shortly after that it did cut off. but i cranked it and it turned back on. then shortly after that it just quit and it has been a day later and it has not turned over at all. i have all lights and radio working when i just turn the key to on. but when i go to crank it the engine does not turn over.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  JHoop replied 3 years ago.
Hello , my name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for choosing justanswer.com. Please tell me all the problem as my answers are based on the information you provide.

Replace the fuel pump module in the fuel tank IF the engine light has never come on. The filter too.

If you have any more questions or need diagrams or service info, please don't hesisitate to ask. If this answer helped you, please click ACCEPT. If you have an extended plan you will not be billed again yet I won't get credit unless ACCEPT is pressed.

Your question is always open and you can get back to me at any time by answering any e-mail related to this question or by simply logging on to your JA account and go to your questions. God Bless

Please leave positive feedback. As you can see I have excellent ratings in all my categories. Also remember I am not at the vehicle, Please don't leave a negative report. Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i was wondering about the fuel pump but i had filled up on gas about four days ago and keeping a very close eye on my gage as well as my milage. and i was just over three quarter tank of gas and have only gone about 166 miles since the fill up. so i am wondering if you have any other suggestions as to what it might be.
Expert:  JHoop replied 3 years ago.
Spray some fuel into the intake. A bunch. Put the air intake hose back on and see if it runs? If it does then quits the fuel pump is bad. JHoop

I will keep your question open. You can get back to me anytime answering any e-mail sent to you related to this question or by logging into your JA account. Thanks again, JHoop
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay. let me ask you this. I have changed my fuel pump once before about two years ago. is it possible that it may have went bad so fast? is this a typical problem with my year make and model truck and should i do a full fuel system cleaning once i do get it up and running again?
Expert:  JHoop replied 3 years ago.

JHoop, Chevy Technician
Experience: 14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner