Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

The driver side door panel from my 2006 HHR..screw..door handle

I need to remove the driver side door panel from my 2006 HHR so that I can screw in the after-market door handle repair kit I've purchased. How do I go about it. I don't want to break off clips, etc. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have already pulled both of these pages up off of an HHR Forum. I hoped I'd get some text describing how I remove the panels once the screws are removed, and what needs to be disconnected, and how, once the panel is loose. Sorry I wasn't more specific. Just thought I'd get more for $18 than what I'd already been able to google.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Remove the screws from the door pull and lift the door pull out of the armrest, then disconnect the mirror switch. Once the screws are removed, the door panel has to be pried from the door. There are 9 retainers around the edge. A trim removal tool is best, XXXXX XXXXX can use a screwdriver with thetip wrapped in tape. Once the door panel is pulled off you will need to disconnect the cable from the inside pull handle. This is easy to do. The cable simply unclips from the handle.