Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop forman Chevy Dealer and Tech for over 10 years. Bumper to bumper all makes over 25 years

Chevrolet Aveo LT: No power and checked codes p2106 p2110 p2135

No power and checked codes p2106 p2110 p2135 p1516

I am Scott and I will assist you with your vehicle concern.

I have been seeing these pop up more frequently over the years. I have a friend in Cincinnati that exhibited it on his Aveo back in 2010, It is a courier car, and he already had over 85K on it {now has over 200K and still going strong} He called me and walked me through what had happened and the codes.

The issue is the throttle body getting carboned up with a thick, sticky composite from the PCV vent system. If you remove the intake tube to the throttle body and clean it out with an approved throttle body cleaner, replace the PCV and reset the codes, that should get you out of trouble until the next time.,

Now, there is a GM kit available to install a PCV plate behind the throttle body. Part Number 96896823. With the kit, you will also need the throttle body reprogrammed, so I recommend taking it to the dealer or a suitable shop.

My friend just cleans the throttle body and replaced the PCV every other oil change. He also switched to a full synthetic {Amsoil after using the Amsoil flush and following the directions} and has found it is not as dirty.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The pics didnt come through

That has been an issue from time to time. I will attempt again. If it does not work, I can send them to my photo bucket. let me know.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My customer just left in it so ill let u know if the cleaning fixed it or not

Great. Sorry I was not around this afternoon, but the Internet crashed here {Frontier, and I hope you're not a victim of them} and I actually had parts show up. I will log in early tomorrow to check up, and will stay on till 9 pm to make up for this afternoon.

Like I said, I have Del clean and replace the PCV and use a synthetic oil. It was cheaper than using the kit.

Just checking up on you. Were you able to do the job?

Hello Oklahoma? Any luck?
Just checking to see if my time with you panned out. If not, please let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Was just going to give it a week or son to see if we get a come back since it was intermitting.
Was the T-body dirty like I said?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, almost all cars are we come across though.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The car is back. And the code is p2135. What now
Is that the only code? The others did not return?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thats the only one so far. He said its not running bad yet though.
That is the 5 volt reference CKT to the TAC. Look at your data stream and see if you have a good voltage sweep for the TAC TPS. The 5 volt reference should be in the High 4 volt to the low 5 volt range, and a good sweep.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
He had to leave and will bring it back at a later time i'll let u know when he comes back

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still didnt bring it back for that prob, soory i didnt get back with you, forgot about it when he didnt bring it back