Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

2001 Chevy S10 4x4: ZR2 need vacuum hose diagram or picture..4wd

2001 Chevy S10 4x4 ZR2 need vacuum hose diagram or picture detailing the vacuum supply connection to the 4wd transfer case switch.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, looks good. If I could ask one more thing. Is there a detail of the engine vacuum source supply? Where on the engine is the supply source for the 4wd transfer case switch? My engine, a 2001 v6, never had one of those black "ORBS" attached to the hood or attached anywhere for that matter.

The vacuum reservoir is set into the drivers side fender. See picture below.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Really? I don't remember ever seeing that. Assuming that is where you say it is, where ON the engine would it pull it vacuum source? There has to be a valve or "t-fitting" somewhere from an engine vacuum source. That is what I need to identify.

You have been great so far. Providing so much more info than anyone else. All I need now is the vacuum source location and configuration.

The reservoir is not easily seen because of the cruise control module and the abs module in front of the reservoir. The vacuum hose connects at a vacuum fitting just below the fitting for the PCV valve on the drivers side of the intake manifold.