GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Pcm b fuse (fuel pump) blows, will run with a 30 amp fuse..10 seconds

pcm b fuse (fuel pump) blows, will run with a 30 amp fuse for a period of 10 seconds then blows the thirty fuse.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.
Is the fuel pump very noisy?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
driving when engine died, no warning lights went off, pcm b fuel pump fuse was blown, the starter would not engage or even click as if it wanted to work and no fuel pump noise, when we replaced the the fuse with a 30 amp fuse it would start and run for about 10 to 20 seconds then the thirty amp fuse would blow and the engine died. could it be a short in the fuel pump?
It is a fauled fuel pump. That feed only goes to the pump and ECM and when the pump fails, that is the result. You need a new pump and filter to correct that.