GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2002 Chevrolet: CD Player stopped working..fm and am radio

The CD Player stopped working im My 2002 Chevrolet. The fm and am radio still works.Wondering what the problem is and if I have o take it to the dealer to repair it

GM Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.Is this a single player or a changer?

Is this a 6 disc changer or a single CD unit?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't understand. I already told you the CD player in my 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche doesn't work anymore. I put a CD in the slot and I get a message on the screen is that gives the radio station numbers and the clock and the message with the CD in reads err. It just stopped working when I tried to play it today. It is a single player.
Ok, a single player, That leaves 2 options. First is to try and reset it.
Take the battery cables off the battery, hold the ends together for 10 seconds then attach them to the battery and see what happens. This will reset the whole vehicle.

Second, if the reset does not work, that means there is a hardware issue in the CD player and it will need to be repaired or replaced.