David, Chevy Technician
Experience:  14 years Chevy Tech
32908855

Impala: Codes P0455, P2138, Co242

Customer Question

Codes P0455, P2138, Co242. I know what they are, what might be the causes. Are these pretty common to o8 impala k engine.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  David replied 5 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I hope I can help you. First you have a large Evap leak causing the po455 two things usually cause this code a bad gas cap or a bad vent solenoid. I would replace both and also make sure you don't have lines that not connected. The other code P2138 is a faliure inside the gas pedal you need to replace the pedal to fix that code. Fixing these codes should also take care of the last code on your list. If you have anymore questions please let me know. If I have answered your question please hit ACCEPT. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where is vent solenoid located and round about, what does the pedal go for, can you get them in the aftermarket, or do are they a dealer item?
Expert:  David replied 5 years ago.
The vent solenoid is located in the rear of the car near the gas tank fill neck. The gas pedal is a dealer item you cannot buy one in the aftermarket.If you have anymore questions please let me know. If I have answered your question please hit ACCEPT. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Can this problem with the gas pedal tps be caused by the cruise control. Seems to be to happen more when cruise being used.

Just had new one also. When cruise control engaged at 55mph check fuel cap light came on.

Expert:  David replied 5 years ago.
The cruise would not cause any of these codes.