GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Chevy: breif description of dtc #c0561 and #p0011

please give breif description of dtc #c0561 and #p0011-06 chev hhr-seem to come on concurrently-advise
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I'm Cam. Please include all the details about your issue so I can accurately advise you. I cannot see your vehicle so please be detailed.

P0011 is intake camshaft position sensor performance.
P0561 does not show as a code.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that was stored dtc 's---p0011 and c0561--06 chevrolet hhr-4cylinder(le5) engine-auto trans

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

A technician may comment of intermittent CEL, DTC's or No communication with various modules. This may be caused by a short to ground of the vehicle wiring in the engine harness.

The harness may chaff in the area of the Canister Purge Solenoid attachment bracket, causing an intermittent shorting to ground. The harness routing forces the harness into the edge of the bracket. This bracket is present with any Ecotec engine. The Purge Solenoid bracket may have a sharp edge from the manufacturing/shearing operation. If any DTCs are setting consistently, perform the eSI diagnostics and repair as necessary. If the eSI diagnostics do not isolate the concern, inspect the engine harness for potential shorts to ground at the EVAP purge valve bracket on the side of the cylinder head. Then repair and reposition the circuits/harness as necessary.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
still did not receive breif code descriptions-please pass on info about both codes-seem to come on at same time-no noticable drivabilty concerns-but trans does seem to have harsh shift w/light is on-shifts fine w/light off-thank you
The P0561 is not a valid code or a current one and the only thing I could find in the system is that bulletin.
The second code, the P0011 is for the cam sensor on the intake cam, specifically the sensor performance.

It sets when the difference between the desired CMP actuator angle and the actual CMP actuator angle is greater than 6 degrees for greater than 13.5 s.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for the code description of #p0011-----but the other code is a chassis code-#C0561--i might have mis-typed-could this code set because of other code---or is there something or circuit in common to both of these codes-???thanks again for your help
OK, I found it, that code is info only so you need to concentrate on the first code the P0011.
The electronic brake control module (EBCM) disables the traction control when other electronic control modules set DTCs for components that effect the operation of the traction control system.

The powertrain control module (PCM) or body control module (BCM) diagnose a condition preventing the engine traction control and sends a serial data message to the EBCM indicating that torque reduction is not allowed. The PCM or BCM will typically set a DTC and the EBCM will set this DTC.

This DTC is for information only. As an aid to the technician, this DTC indicates that there are no problems in the ABS/ETS system.