Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2004 Blazer: DTC..ABS System..possible causes..TSB 04-05-24-002E

I have a DTC C0265 from my 2004 Blazer ABS System, and I have researched the possible causes/solutions...But I don't have access to TSB 04-05-24-002E, and I'd like to know what the "official" procedure is... Could you send me this TSB?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

Verify 12 volts power on the Red wire, and ground on the Black wire, at the 2-pin connector to the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM). Disconnect the plug from the bottom of the EBCM going to the motor. Then power and ground those wires and verify that the motor runs and how it sounds. If the motor runs and sounds fine, then the EBCM has to be replaced. If the motor does not run, replace the motor and retest to see if the code returns.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dan,

This code pertains to loss of communication from the EBCM, not a malfunction of the EBCM, and the factory repair involves re-grounding the EBCM...

I need the TSB...

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dan,

That's perfect... Just what I needed... Hope that's all it is... Wish me luck...

Thanks,

Randy

out

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
If ground doesnt help replace brake module, you can get a used one to save money.