Neal, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner and Mechanic on multiple makes.

2005 corvette: repair sputters no power, cant turn

help! I had a repair shop change out battery 2005 corvette, now my computer is going crazy. Car has no power, gauges not working, car sputters no power, cant turn it off sometimes, cant drive it. not dealer but repair shop tried fix said needs computer reflashed. Is that it? do i need a chev dealer to do this?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Please feel free to ask follow up questions, it is part of the process, thanks.

They are probably right. Your computer may have been corrupted when the battery was swapped. You will need to get it to the dealer for a diagnnostic which will be about $100 and the probably another $100 if it just needs the flash though it may be less.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Neal, what else could it be if its not reflashing computer
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
A problem with the new battery, or a bad connection at the battery or the ground. Thats about all it can be.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks Neal, it is being towed to dealer monday from repair shop..hope your right about just 200.00 total cost.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
Me too!! Good luck hope thats all it needs.