John, Master A.S.E Automotive technician
Experience:  A.S.E MasterTechnician A1-A8 w/L1,38 years experience General Motors Master Technician
6408229

Venture: inside panel..sliding door..I would give banging it out a try

How can I remove the inside panel from a Venture sliding door (non powered)? Someone dented it today and ran off. Since it looks like I'm stuck with repairs, I thought I would give banging it out a try while the dent is fresh.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to Ja<

here is information to help you.

Sliding Rear Side Door Trim Panel Replacement

Tools Required

Door Trim Pad and Garnish Clip Remover

1. Remove the sliding door garnish molding. Refer to Sliding Door Garnish Molding.
  2. Remove the sliding door inside handle. Refer to Sliding Door Inside Handle.
    Object Number: 319819  Size: SH

3. Use special tool in order to remove the sliding door inner trim panel fasteners.
  4. Remove the sliding door inner trim panel from the sliding door.

Object Number: 319819  Size: SH

1. Install the sliding door inner trim panel to the sliding door.
  2. Align the locating pins on the sliding door inner trim panel to the sliding door.
  3. Firmly press the sliding door inner trim panel with the retainers to the sliding door in order to seat the retainers.
  4. Install the sliding door inside handle. Refer to Sliding Door Inside Handle.
  5. Install the sliding door garnish molding. Refer to Sliding Door Garnish Molding.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Where do I "refer to sliding door inside handle" and "sliding door garnish molding"?

The image under step 2 and the image under step 4 appear to be identical. Is there a different image that you intended?

What kind of tool is the "special tool"? I used a flat tool before when I removed the plastic retainers, one at a time, from another vehicle.

How about the handle? It seems to be held in place like the old window cranks were.

Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.

Ok'

Images are printed as inteded (GM information)

Trim tool ,get one at part house /flat tool will work.

Handle is held on by clip. also tool for removing it or use a small hook

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
One more facto-

Can I do this without taking the door off?
Expert:  John replied 6 years ago.
Yes you can.