Alex, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, L1 Advanced Level Specialist

Chevrolet S10 4x2 1996 s10 PU vortec V6 Will not start unless

1996 s10 PU vortec V6 Will not start unless I spray starting fluid into throttle body. After I spray throttle body the engine stays started. I have checked the relay in the glove compartment, replaced the plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor and fuel filter. I am also getting PO303 error I have cleared the error and it keeps coming back. I would like to test the fuel pressure however I cannot find a picture that shows where to test it. I have purchased a fuel pump but I have not installed it. I would like to test the fuel pressure first.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you with your question.

Look on the driver's side of the distributor, back behind the engine. You will see the two metal fuel lines going into a bracket. The test port is just before the bracket, where the lines go behind the engine. There may be a plastic cap on it.

Fuel pressure should read 60-66 psi. If fuel pressure is less than 60 psi, replace the fuel pump.