Jay, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  Several yrs experience, GM Trained,

Chevrolet Impala my 2008 chevy impala wiper blades wont work,

Customer Question

my 2008 chevy impala wiper blades won't work, motor spins I can hear it, I think some linkage broke or something
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Hello, your likely correct or the wiper arms are stripped out and the knobs they are attached to are moving but the wiper arm is staying still but usually when this is the case you get some movement or it begins with only one arm not working. You will have to take off the trim covering the wiper linkages and see what is not working. Please reply if you need help doing this, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is it hard to remove the trim?
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.

There are four clips holding down the air inlet grille, the clips need to be removed and the wiper blade arms need to be removed as well. Then you will be able to see all the linkage. Please reply if you have any questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, I appriciate your time but you were way off, I had somebody replace the wiper transmission.
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
Did you take the wiper grille off and check yourself?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, didn't know what the wiper grille was
Expert:  Jay replied 5 years ago.
OK, no problem but the point of removing the wiper grille was so that you could access and check out all the linkage on the wiper transmission not just the wiper arm knobs (in fact you don't need to remove the wiper grille if your just checking the wiper arm knobs). So I wasn't way off but its ok since I never really helped you.