Jettadan1, Chevy Technician
Experience:  Most of our fleet is chevy.

Chevrolet Silverado 1500 HD What do codes P1125, P1515, P2135

Customer Question

What do codes P1125, P1515, P2135 mean? I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado LS HD 1500 Crew Cab. The reduce engine power comes on also.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 5 years ago.

Hello, I am Daniel. I may ask you questions, to better answer you. Please let me know if you have any other questions before you Accept. You probably have a electronic throttle issue. Click here here and here.

The pedal sensor is at the peddle and the throttle sensor is on the throttle body.

These codes will need a class two scanner to do a function data test.

Always clean all your connections and check for loose connections and bad wires. 30 percent of all sensor issues are wire or connection related.

Expert:  Jettadan1 replied 5 years ago.

Here is 2135.

The TP sensors are used to determine the throttle plate angle for various engine management systems. The PCM provides each TP sensor a 5-volt reference circuit and a low reference circuit. The TP sensors then provide the PCM with signal voltage proportional to throttle plate movement. Both TP sensor signal voltages are low at closed throttle and increase as the throttle opens. When the PCM detects that TP sensor 1 signal and TP sensor 2 signals disagree or signal voltages are outside the predetermined range, this DTC sets.