George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years

2000 Chevy: relays..turn signals and hazard fine

are there separate relays for turn signals and hazard flashers on a 2000 Chevy K2500 5.7l? Mu turn signals and backup lights don't work, but the 4 ways work fine.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Do the turn signals come on and not flash?

There are separate turn and hazard fuses but the flasher is the same for both. If the hazards work and the turn signals do not come on at all the switch has failed.

Do the brake lights work?

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The brake lights work, the hazards work. The signals do not come on at all. Also, the backup lights do not come on.
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

The reverse lights are a separate circuit and I would need to know what transmission you have to help with that (manual or automatic) but the turn signals are not working due to a failed switch.

You can verify this with a 12 volt testlight and checking for power into the switch at the pink wire in cavity A2 of the large connector at the base of the steering column and out of the switch on the light blue wire in cavity A3 to the flasher. If you have power in and nothing out the switch is failed.

Let me know what I can do to help you

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have an automatic transmission. I thought he backup lights and turn signals are on a common fuse, that is why I mentioned it if that helps.

Unfortunately I will have to wait until Monday to test the switch, but I can now do it easily with your answer.
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

They are on a common fuse but you posted that the fuses have been checked? Is this not the case? If you have power at the fuse (both test points on the back of the fuse with the key on) then there may be a break in the pink wire or the connection inside the fuse block. Maybe a rodent has been chewing on the wire harness at the back of the fuse block? This is why I say to test with a 12 volt light.

The backup light connection is at the back of the fuse block in the same pin cavity as the turn switch feed (both pink wires in the same cavity) so take a look and mmaybe you can see the damage otherwise check for power out of the block on both wires.

Let me know when you get a chance to check it out