Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification

Chevrolet 1500 pickup My 94 chevy 1500 makes a clicking noise

My 94 chevy 1500 makes a clicking noise every time I turn on or off the key. I counted the clicks, about 60 clicks each time I turn the key on or off. It has been doing this for about 10 years and yet everything still works. It sounds like the clicks come from the heater motor.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

The clicking is coming from the air inlet actuator that is above the blower motor on the heater case. This actuator moves the door that directs airflow between recirculate and fresh air positions. The dash has to be removed to replaced the actuator, alternatively you can unplug the wires going to this actuator by removing the glove box liner for access. The wires going to this actuator are Light Green/Black and Pink/White.