Neal, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Owner and Mechanic on multiple makes.

2006 chevy aveo: that is running rough, idleing..sucking..misses

I have a 2006 chevy aveo that is running rough, idleing hard and sucking up fuel. When shifting gears it misses and stutters. What's wrong?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
All it has is a screen in the tank. Have you had the codes read? Most parts stores will do this for free. What is the mileage? and have you tried anything at all yet?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I went to auto zone and they said they couldn't put it on the machine until the check engine light is on. The check engine light goes on and off. The check engine light has been coming on when the fuel tank goes below 1/4 tank. I haven't put gas to try to make the check engine light come on when I'm in town with a AutoZone nearby
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

They can use the code reader even when the light is not on, the codes will still be there. Try another store if needed.

What is the mileage?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mileage is about 136,000
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
If there are no codes it might be as simple as a tune up and new o2 sensors. I would definately start there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What does a tuneup entail, and how often do I need one? So do I need to do the fuel system flush Jiffy Lube is recommending?
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
Your tune up should entail plugs and wires and o2 sensors. About every 60k for the tune up. And at that mileage the flush would be a good idea to get you vehicle back on track.