Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

2002 chevy trailblazer: RPM..hwy..the oil pressure..cruise control

Customer Question

I have a 2002 chev trailblazer. The RPM at hwy speed is high and the oil pressure is a little above normal. Also the cruise control dosent work either. I have been through the fuse box under the hood and all is good there. Any suggestions?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your Chevy problem.

Is the check engine light on while driving?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is. I was told that was just for the gas cap.
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
It is likely more than just the gas cap. Best thing to do is to get the codes scanned. You can get the codes scanned at Autozone free of charge. Let me know what the codes are and I can help you with further diagnosis.
Dave Nova, Chevrolet Technician
Experience: ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is the service engine light and check engine light the same. If not, then it is the service engine light. Ill get the codes as soon as I can. I can come back to you again?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
The service engine light and check engine light are the same. I will leave this question open and you can log back in. There will be a link in your email.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have the codes. one was P0128 coolent temp is always low. I verified this. the coolent level was low. The other code P0753 1-2 shift solenoid valve performance. explained as: "shift solenoid failure-repair other codes first"/"open or short circuit condition". The guy at autozone thinks that a transmission flush and filter might take care of the problem. Is that a potential fix?
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 3 years ago.
For the P0128 code, the fix is to replace the thermostat. This is a common failure on the Trailblazer.

For the P0753 code, a transmission flush and filter change will not help. The problem is either a shorted or open 1-2 shift solenoid. The fix is to check the wires in the transmission going to this solenoid and if the wiring is okay, replace the solenoid. This is nott too hard to do, the transmission pan must be removed to replace this solenoid.

#2 in the picture below is the 1-2 solenoid. This picture is a view of the bottom of the transmission with the pan removed. The solenoid is toward the rear of the transmission valve body inside the pan.

graphic
View Full Image