Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

Remove radio 2005 tahoe

remove radio 2005 tahoe
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
you want the procedure for removing the radio from this truck?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes please. I have the dash bezel removed. Have also removed the 3 hex head screws on the front. I did not want to tug to hard and could not see how the wire harness is attached to the radio.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
ok is this part removed yet?if not follow this procedure to remove it.this is held on with pop spring clips you will have to pull back on it with your fingers and those clips will release.
  1. If equipped with an automatic transmission, move the shift lever all the way down to last gear.
  2. Tilt the steering wheel to the full down position.
  3. Pull gently rearward on the corners of the bezel from the instrument panel (IP) assembly.
  4. Remove the bezel.graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have been able to do that.

I need to know how to release the wiring harness from the radio so it can be removed.
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
ok you will need to slightly pull that radio out enough to reach from behind and the connectors have a push tab on the side of the connector to release them from the radio.they did run those harnesses tight but there should be enough slack to get that radio out enough to reach and release those tabs
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Last question. Once removed, and once I removed the paper labeled cd, are there any security actions to properly re-install the radio?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
usually if you remove tha radio and then re install it into the same truck it should work just fine.its when you put it in another truck and its not reprogramed for that truck.but since its the same radio the programing will not change.just make sure the key is off when you unplug and electrical connections
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience: 15 years GM master tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am having trouble getting enough slack to get my hand to grasp the connectors. Do you have any tricks?
Expert:  Gary replied 3 years ago.
just pull out as far as you can slowley and reach back.there are no other tricks
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience: 15 years GM master tech