Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

2004 Monte Carlo SS: Today will not start and security light flashes

2004 Monte Carlo SS, security light was on yesterday but started and ran. Today will not start and security light flashes. __ Cause/Reset
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ted G. replied 5 years ago.
Here is the reprogram procedure:

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
  2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON. The vehicle will not start.
  3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
  4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes . The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
  6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password. IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password XXXXX the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
  7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ted,

Here's the deal, I recieved your answer but when I went to print it out the website got dropped for some reason. Since I was doing this at work (shhh) I didn't want to spend any more time and took the instructions home. I wasn't able to try for a few days so therefore could't provide immedate feedback. The sequence you gave me did work. Thanks!

But... My debit card was charged before I could even accept the answer or try it. I have no problem paying for the service as agreed but what if it didn't work and I was still charged?

Again, I have no problem with paying for your professional and helpfull advice but the Just Answer site is somthing I will not deal with again due to the afore mentioned issues.

Thank you,

Randy Reynolds

Expert:  Ted G. replied 5 years ago.
Oh, you were only charged a deposit amount. It is sitting in your account and has not been spent till you press Accept. If you had decided against my answer you would still have that money on account for another question or expert. If in the long run you decided it was not for you then you could request the deposit back if you had not accepted any questions. Sorry you were not informed properly about that. We experts don't have much to do with the money part of it other than when you accept, we get paid. Glad we got you going, thanks for using JA!