Eric, Master Technician/shop foreman
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, 25 years experience, Over400 General Motors certifications
3077897

Chevrolet Impala LT how do I reset TPMS on 2011 Chevy Impala

Customer Question

how do I reset TPMS on 2011 Chevy Impala without going to dealer?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
Hi, what does the dash read? does it read any pressures? or just dashes? Also did you reuse the tire sensors in the new wheels? Is the service tire monitor light on? Let me know and i will try to help you out. Thanks Eric
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes I reused the TPMS from the old wheels the car only has 1000 miles on it. The light is on in my dash and the system say TPMS needs service. Also says tire pressure is low.
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
Okay, Do you have the owners manual? Inside it should describe the system and tell you how to do a reset by adjusting the air pressure in each tire while the system is in "learn mode" If you dont have the info, basically what you do is, scroll through the menu on the dash using the buttons until you "relearn tire position" then usually you press the check mark button. The horn should chirp 2 times to let you know learn mode is active. Then starting at LF wheel, increase or decrease tire pressure by 10 lbs. You should hear one horn chirp. Then move to RF,RR,LR in that order and repeat. When the last tire is done the horn should chirp 2 more times to tell you they all learned. Next turn off the key, and adjust all tires to the correct pressure. Start and drive car so the sensors update and it should be ok after that. I dont have 2011 info and it may have changed, but it should be in the owners manual. Hope this helps. Please click on accept. Let me know if i can help you further. Thanks, Eric
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
SO you have to increase the tire pressure by 10 pounds for this to work? I have tried it a few times can only get the driver front tire to chirp will try again with the 10 pounds difference and let you know.  YOu only get five minutes before the system resets.....
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is not enough time I tried this but its on a timer of 5 minutes then it restarts everytime does not work I can only get the drover front tire to beep none of the other tires will do it before the timer runs out.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
do I need a high powered compressor to push the air I tried letting air out of the tire as well but no luck tires was almost flat I will keep trying and see unless you have better idea?
Expert:  Eric replied 5 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!