ZZDaryl
ZZDaryl, Chevy Technician
Experience:  28 year experience, Master Mechanic
8994801

Why do I have no brake pedal after bleeding all the calipers?

How are you doing the bleeding? How was the brake pedal after the master cylinder was replaced by the dealer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It worked OK.<br />I performed the service because It was suggested that I may have a bad ABS sensor/front hub assembly.<br />I thought, since I had the funds, I would replace all parts to at least have a clean braking system.<br />I bled both gravity and forced pressure (someone in side pumping the brakes).
I would try it again with some one inside just pushing the pedal down when you open the bleeder and then close the bleeder and have the other person let up on the pedal, repeat this 10 - 15 times on each caliper. pumping the brakes often will allow air into the fluid so it makes bleeding the brakes impossible. You can also crack open the lines at the master cylinder and bleed it in the same way, if this does not help you will need a power bleeder and a scan tool that can be used to bleed the ABS unit that could have air trapped in it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where's the ABS unit controlled from?
Can I purchase a power bleeder and a scan toolfrom the local auto store?
The ABS control module is on the left frame rail below the drivers seat, it controls itself along with input from several sensors. You can purchase a power bleeder and a scan tool but a scan tool that can help bleed brakes would be $4,000-8,000 and a power bleeder would be $200-1500
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So, would you suggest I take it in to the dealer and have them bleed the system using power bleeder and a scan tool?
Yes if the bleeding procedure I described does not help its really the only option.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your help, at least I am on the right track.
Have a great day.
Thank you and good luck with the repair.