Chevy expert
Chevy expert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 yrs experience ase cetified tech shop owner

Working on 1988 K2500, 350 TBI...cap..fuel filter..loose power..die

Working on 1988 K2500, 350 TBI. Replaced plug, wires, cap, and fuel filter. Started Ok cold but would then loose power and die. Now will not start. tried starting fluid (carb cleaner0 and would try to fire but spit back through throttle body. Disconnect fuel lines at throttle body and tried to crank and no fuel.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chevy expert replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to just I'm here to help you and your 100% satisfaction is my goal.

Checked to see if you have power at the fuel pump if you have good power and ground at the fuel pump and no fuel pressure then replace the fuel pump

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello, As I'm sure you're aware, getting to the pump is a pain in the rear.. Is there a way i can check the fuel pump relay to insure it is good as well as checking the oil pressure switch?

At the fuel pump relay the red wire is a power lead going to the rear see if there is power there while cranking
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If power is present, than evidently pump is bad. If no power, is that indicating relay bad or oil pressure switch? I am under the impression that the Oil pressure switch is part of a safety system that will shut down the fuel pump if no pressure is detected. What is causing it to pop back through the TBI?
Yes it could be a bad oil presure sw but it also could be a wiring trouble check that wire first